Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that is dedicated to making it possible for children to be able to participate in organized sport and recreation by helping to remove financial barriers. Each child’s financial needs are different therefore the grant will help cover registration, equipment and/or transportation costs for children ages 4 to 18 years.
The National network has local chapters with volunteer members that are committed to helping get kids active and healthy. Each local chapter has their own budget. The total funding that each qualified child can receive in any one submission period (e.g., spring/summer for baseball, fall/winter for hockey) will vary based on the Chapter budgets and demand. Potential Canadian Tire Jumpstart program recipients are selected through local chapters.
Children are able to select the program they are interested to participate in. Some of the 73 sport and recreations activities that have been supported by the Canadian Tire Jumpstart include hockey, swimming, soccer, basketball, dance, yoga, climbing and martial arts.
Applications can be submitted from January 15 to June 1 for spring/summer programs, and from July 1 to November 1 for fall/winter programs.
You will need to be prepared to provide the following information when you call your local representative:
- Your contact information.
- Details of the sport or recreational activity your child would like to participate in.
- Financial information may be required to prove eligibility for funding.
- All information received is kept confidential.
- Applicants will be notified by the local Canadian Tire Jumpstart Chapter representative if they are approved or if further information is required.
For more information on how to apply please call 1-877-616-6600 and a call centre representative will help you to connect with a representative for your local Jumpstart Chapter who will guide you through the application process. All information received is kept confidential.
For residents living in St. Thomas contact:
- Katie Payler, YMCA St.Thomas -Elgin at 519-631-2418 ext. 226
For residents living in East Elgin contact:
- East Elgin Community Complex at 519-773-5631
For more information, call the Canadian Tire Jumpstart call centre at 1-877-616-6600 or visit the Canadian Tire Jumpstart website at http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en/